Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Fall Bird Hunting - Hard to Explain to the Uninitiated!


The above pic is from my first South Dakota Pheasant hunt in 2004. Cooter is still alive and helping us find birds. I'm not sure I will be able to go bird hunting in SD this year, due to business conflicts, but it is a great joy to test your skill against this explosive rising bird.

Yes - probably hard for your squeamish, left coast / east coast liberal types to understand. However fair hunting these great tasting birds (I only shoot what I eat) is a great and relaxing break from the routine of life. We walk an average of 8 miles per day and can only shoot 3 birds per day. Believe that is hard just to get your limit. These birds would rather run than fly and you can only shoot them on the fly! That is why you need a good bird dog to flush them in front of you!

Oh and by the way - for all of you voting for Obama, get ready for a liberal freeze of most your constitutional rights regarding hunting and more taxes! Ha, hahahaha. Why am I laughing? God Help Us!

No comments: