Tuesday, November 11, 2008

A Salute To Our Veterans!


Not too many words, just a sincere and heartfelt thanks to ALL of the men and women who have served our country through the years in our armed forces! I especially want to recognize my sons and their respective service in the Air Force (Matt) and the Marine Corps (Luke). I have always been proud of all of my kids, but I'm especially proud that they both undertook the discipline and commitment to enter the service of our country and serve loyally all the rest of us as citizen soldiers. My salute to them and all their other brothers and sisters in arms! God bless you all for your service and dedication.

Comments in this post are about this picture:

5 comments:

Audra said...

Thanks for the post. I went to the Veteran's Day parade yesterday. SO MOVING. I cried several times watching these great men go by. We even saw code talkers.

BTW - the pics out to the side is you, DKB and Grandpa or Willis Keith and it is taken in the Orient at a swanky hotel. Am I RIGHT?

Greybear said...

Yeah, baby! So far you are right, but which country and which hotel? To get the $100 - you've got to nail the exact place.

Great to hear you went to the Veterans Parade. That is cool. I wished we'd had one up here in Podunk, IN. Love ya all.

Audra said...

Hotel and country? You are crazy. Country - China.
Hotel - no idea, give me a day to research.

Greybear said...

Audra:
You better hurry up! Russell has already correctly guessed the country!

Dad

BOLTM said...

hmmm...Dad spoke of the trip, but I may be confusing his Jamaican adventures with the Tribune press re-dist...was it the Hyatt or the Malayan? He also mentioned Sofi-tel, so thanks for the fun anyway! I would never take money from LTM.