Friday, December 19, 2008

Commitment Ceremony - 8/23/08

My Honey Bear, Willy and I had a "commitment ceremony" on Saturday, August 23, 2008. Willy and I have know each other since March 2008 and have found great love and friendship with each other. She is also great with my sister, Nancee! Willy has been a widow for the past 2 1/2 years. Since she would lose her widow's benefits and since I'm not looking to rush into another marriage any time soon, we've still agreed to share our lives. I have been attending the St. John's Episcopal Church with Willy for months and so we asked our interim Priest, Pastor Sally to conduct a "commitment ceremony" at my home on Willy's birthday. It was great, we had only a small group of friends and family attend. Love and Happy Holiday's to all - Merry Christmas!
Dennis & Willy - August 23, 2008

4 comments:

Petie said...

Congrats! Didn't know but congrats!

Audra said...

Love the pictures. Merry Christmas!

Travis said...

I didn't know there was such a thing as a "Commitment Ceremony", but cool nonetheless and Congrats! I looked forward to meeting her.

Greybear said...

Yes, Travis there is a Santa Claus! Ha, ha! Willy wanted the Church to bless our union, so she didn't feel like we were living in sin! So we approached our Pastor Sally and she ran it up the flagpole with the area Bishop, and we did the ceremony on her birthday in August. As I said in the post under the main pic, she would lose her widow's benefits if she were to get married - so we did this instead. Thanks for your comment.