Thursday, February 5, 2009

Morgan J. - Here is to YOUR Birthday




Okay, let's really embarass MJB. By the way he really doesn't have a middle name - just a middle initial - and he was named after MJB coffee (not really - and you youngsters won't remember that brand of coffee). Morg is going to be 54 on Sunday 2/8/09. He is going thru a divorce (we wish him well.....) and he is doing great as a Technical / Mantainence guy for an equipment manufacturer. He has traveled all over the world installing and servicing this stuff and is quite the raconteur now. WE love him. He was such a cute little boy with all that curly hair, now he is bald like me. Of course our two younger brother still think they have hair (Russ keeps dyeing his orange - he is a surfer dude at the University of Indiana, and John just knows he has hair up there - some where - he just can't find it).

I will always love my brother, Morgan. He and I made a pact years ago as youngsters, that we wouldn't run away without talking to the other. Several times we waited out back for the other one to come home and talk the other out of leaving. We fought some pretty vicious fights as little brothers - but Grandma Beardall scared that out of us one day when we got into it at one of her sister's home. She went out and got two tree limbs and told us to really punish the other. We got so scared we dropped the mini tree trunks and ran to hide from Grandma Edith (someday I'll tell you the story of how my best friend / cousin Kerry tried to kill me with a rake to the head, the beautiful Christine will remember that occurrence). Well, Happy Birthday Morgan!

The photos above show him two years ago at Nancee's Bday dinner in KC. The middle shot shows Aunt Lorraine, Mom Colleen, and Morgan holding her head in a weird kind of disembodied shot at our home in SLC in May 1971. And the bottom pic is one of Dennis, Nancee, and Morgan at 8, 4, and 6 years respectively.

3 comments:

Audra said...

Ah! Uncle Morgan. I always knew you were the one to save my dad from a life of a runaway. Who knows? Instead of becoming the best salesman I know, he might have turned to selling himself. Poor runaway. The business world is so much more respectable.

Dad - I am glad you and Morgan learned to be tough, but why would you let Kerry beat you up? I thought you were stronger than that. Kerry never struck me as the tough type. Need to hear more about that...

Audra said...

Oh! And Dad, you are right, people are very nice to me on my blog. A little too nice.

I always thought you never really knew if someone was your friend till you could fight and still make up. Most of my friends only like the good times. At least I know it.

Greybear said...

Audra: You crack me up. I'll cover the incident with Kerry and Christine in another post. I know, my blog is boring and old oriented - but it's fun for me.

And your "friends" commenting on your blog, kill me. Very little humor or challenge. Just (forgive the expression, a bunch of Molly Mormons who want to make sure everyone has "a nice day"!!! Ha, ha, ha. I crack myself up sometimes...