Thursday, February 19, 2009

WOW! Facebook & Family Connections Galore!


February 18, 2009 will be remembered as a Red Letter Day. I was reviewing an article from the Ladders entitled, "Can You Facebook Your Way to a New Job?" I have just gotten active on LinkedIn (great professional / social networking tool) and they were giving tips about LinkedIn and Facebook. I had never even visited the Facebook site, so I though what the hey - let's go. After an initial sign up at midday and then an orgy of connecting with family thru the late night - I've never been so surprised at a social and family networking tool. I connected with numberous family and friends - some whom I had not seen or spoken with for over 30 years (I'm Jack Benny's age, 39 - hahaha). I 'm now working on the Family Tree aspects and invite all of you to send me info and pics related to any family tree info.

Little Gaylynn, my cousin, was my first "friend" on Facebook and we even IM'd each other for a while. I hope that all of you find peace and happiness in all you pursue and as much fun as I did last night "talking" with so many family members. It was funny - it was like a bunch of us just got started last night and there was a frenzy of activity. Best to all - keep connected. Stay employed - that will be a challenge for far too many of us this next few months / years!

4 comments:

Dana said...

Have fun with the Facebook, Linked In - etc - But be careful what you put out there. Once it gets into cyberspace it takes on a life of it's own. Maybe I'm a little paranoid, or maybe they really are out to get me!

Greybear said...

Thanks, Dana. Appreciate the advice.

Unknown said...

Glad you're alive and well, Dennis.

It has been fun to connect with long lost family members. Beside chatting with you, I talked to my sister for the first time in a couple of years and re-connected with one of my English cousins for the first time in about ten years.

Greybear said...

Kerry - thanks for the comment. It was so exciting to "talk" with you and Sean and others this week. I felt like I had just left an old genealogy class and my heart had been turned to the fathers, etc. I look forward to catching up with you and the rest of the family. Exciting stuff...