Sunday, February 8, 2009

Vinegar Joe's Partner - Sour Sam!

Okay! The response was so overwhelming on Vinegar Joe's wandering request that we make Spanish the official language of the United States - that Sour Sam here got all offended that he hadn't been asked to contribute as well. He called me last night and wanted to know about "time-out's". I asked him what he wanted to know, and he quickly corrected me - he didn't want my explanation, he wanted a forum to express his concern for the discipline of America's youth. So I invited him to "talk" to us all here. So as Brother John would say, "You know, here is Sam. He will speak you know about a topic that is, you know, serious - YOU KNOW!" (It should be noted here that Brother John is upset at the rest of his siblings with kids - he neither spanks or gives time-outs to his kids - he gives them the Mad Bear arched eyebrow "look". He thinks that Brother Dennis spanked his kids so much that it has socially inhibited them in their current old age. And he thinks that Brother Russ was a wuss and just used "time-out's". Brother Morg doesn't count cause he had just spoiled his one and only). So here is Sour Sam:

Hi, my name is Sam. I am a Sephardic Jew. I am a liberal and happy to be living now in Florida. I frankly think that the lack of discipline with America's youth is abismal. Spare the rod and spoil the child, some have always said. My parents both worked hard and just ignored me. I had to fend for myself - and look, I turned out just fine. I never received any discipline as a child, in NYC's Hell's Kitchen, except from the school of Hard Knocks. I loved my parents and I knew they loved me. I had two kids and never raised my voice, or hand, or eyebrow to either one of them. They are quite fine adults now and live peacefully in upstate New York, in a "block" in the Attica area...

I hope I can prevail upon all of America's parents - don't give your children any discipline. Just love them and let them grow up as they wish. Stop listening to this Audra fanatic in Glendale, AZ who keeps quoting some "Trimming the Tree / And The Children story" that her sick father taught her. We are just too paranoid today - nothing bad can happen to our kids. I mean think about it, with more discipline you will just creat little automatons who can't think for themselves. We don't want that. After all, they might move to Miami and vote consistently liberal - which does nothing to support Isreal (its the conservatives who give the most consistent support to us Zionists). Oh, I guess I just contradicted myself. I'm sorry! Don't spank, glare at, or give "time-out's" to your kids. Leave them to grow as they want.

Your new anti-Dr. Phil-like advisor - Sour Sephardic Sam

3 comments:

Greybear said...

Sam - Nancee doesn't want to date you. She says she doesn't like your scraggly face! And its Brother Dennis who has always preached that if you don't discipline your children and "prune" them back - they will grow WILD just like a bush does with no trimming.

Audra said...

Dad, dad, dad...

You have got to learn about charactor history. no man that old would have had hippies for parents.

If you develop your Sour Sam to be MORE SOUR - then I will comment about raising children and discipline. OK? ok.

Nuff said.

Greybear said...

Audra:
Do your 40's (after the war) and 50's research. Before there were Hippies there were Beatniks!